Useful Tips for Your Garage Door02/25/2014 Back To Blog
Serious problems, like a garage door broken spring, require special tools, certain knowledge and great attention for their repair, but when it comes to trivial issues, they can be handled much easier. Your goal is to keep your garage doors in perfect working order every single day and never have to open the door manually or get upset with a malfunctioned garage opener remote.
- If you decide to take care of problems yourself, it would be good to keep a diary mentioning your interventions and mending at your home in Tigard. If you fix garage door torsion spring problems, for example, you should write down the date and the work; it will help you keep track of their longevity and when you should replace each part.
- Supply garage door repair parts according to the recommendations of the manufacturer. You can find excellent quality parts at a garage door repair in Tigard because their good quality will determine their longevity and strength.
- Lubrication maintenance must take place a few times a year and is considered one of the most important tasks since it can keep the mechanical parts in perfect condition. In fact, some parts like the extension springs may require more frequent lubrication during the cold winter days.
- You should get batteries for the remote and keep them in the car. It will also be wise to have a second remote hidden somewhere safe and away from the kids.
- Replace the bottom seal often to avoid elements getting into your garage. It will make a great difference to the indoor temperature and your security.
- Keep the garage door clean because it will give you the chance to discover problems hidden under the dirt and remove the rust. The mechanism will work better when it is cleaned and the house in Oregon will look a lot better.
- Check the wires of the opener frequently because they can be easily damaged by rodents or weather conditions.
- Protect yourself from sudden problems by studying well the manual of the mechanism and be prepared to handle the door manually in case the power is out.